Bug: Glitched Loss on first Endgame level

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

Thragknuckle

Bug: Glitched Loss on first Endgame level

Postby Thragknuckle » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:15 pm

I'm experiencing a weird bug on the level where I need to get Nix to the end of the corridor past the snipers.

With some difficulty I can make it almost to the end and kill the shotgunners that appear off the side of the map to intercept Nix, but I keep getting a 'Loss' screen even if there's nothing to indicate why this should happen. Sometimes it occurs when I've lost a unit on the other side of the map, but I'm not sure if that's causation or just happens to occur on the same turn as something else.

Earlier I was experiencing a disappearing unit bug on the same level where the new shotgunners would vanish and I would get the same Loss (I assumed it was a glitch where they killed Nix while they were hidden, but nothing displayed to indicate such).

On top of that, on this same level, I got a Runtime Error that crashed the game once!

This is the release copy, bought on Steam about a week ago. Really frustrating since I'm almost done and really do want to complete the game.

I've also had issues where it will always hang on the first turn when it switches to Local AI Calculations, but always used the workaround where I kill the 2nd Frozen Synapse process in the System Tray. Still wish I didn't have to do that, either...
Thragknuckle

Re: Bug: Glitched Loss on first Endgame level

Postby Thragknuckle » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Yeah, just happened again, this time at the end of a turn with absolutely nothing eventful happening. However, I'd positioned Nix to shoot the first shotgunner coming in from the top, and he didn't appear...so I'm guessing it's a weird hidden unit bug that is killing me.
Thragknuckle

Postby Thragknuckle » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Guh. And I just finished a complete run, even saved the video recording of it, and it doesn't look like anything went wrong.

Very frustrating.
FionnMcCool

Postby FionnMcCool » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:30 am

I'm having the same difficulty. The last failed round, I managed to get a machine gunner to the trigger zone, thereby blowing up the snipers to give Nix more or less safe passage to the green area. But at the end of that turn (it was turn five I think), the game declared a loss even though Nix was still alive.

The round before that, it was turn seven and Nix was two steps from the green zone when the turn ended in a loss, despite the fact that Nix was still alive and no one was even shooting at him.
blueskies

Postby blueskies » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:05 pm

I faced the exact problems ThragKnuckle did earlier today.

1) Unexplained losses. Once when I reached the target area with Nix, running past the snipers, I was told I failed the mission. And a second time when I used Nix to shoot the sniper in the top right corner, I then received a mission fail notice.

2) Disappearing enemy units. A shotgunner who entered the map at about stage 3 or 4 diseappeared several moves later.

3) Game crashes. After 35+ hours playtime, this is the first incidence of FS crashing.
Jeshibu

Postby Jeshibu » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:30 pm

This happened to me too. This is the first time I've encountered any serious bugs, and in this level there's suddenly a shitload.
    -Crashes when issuing sim-orders for the units that walked in from the top of the map.
    -Unexplained loss at the end of turn 5, after Nix shooting the shotgun guy that walked in from the top right, and the sniper there. The only thing I can think of is that 5 is the turn limit, but it says 10 at the start.
    -I tried to upload the loss to youtube for a more helpful bug report, but got a "Frozen Synapse has stopped working" for my trouble.

I really can't get past this mission this way, and I'm anxious to see the rest of the story.
Veracity

Postby Veracity » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:12 am

Funnily enough, I got a glitched win on this level, at least effectively. I'd just watched the turn play through, and Nix was a couple ms away from a sniper round to the head, at which point I quit. The next time I started the game, I went on Resume Campaign, and it took me to the next Endgame level. Sure enough, The Corridor was now listed as an unlocked mission.

The last time I tried The Corridor, I got this error:
Serious Planning Error: the plan has an even number of edges.
and a crash when I tried setting a waypoint for an enemy shotgunner.

EDIT: the time after this, the level didn't fail when Nix died.
Bleevoe

Postby Bleevoe » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:40 am

I just thought I'd add that I'm also experiencing all of the above mentioned bugs on all stages of Endgame.
monkeyswinkle

Postby monkeyswinkle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:16 am

I'm getting this same thing on the Endgame Corridor level. I've been doing this level over and over and I'm getting the same result every time:

1) I run Nix up to the bottom right corner of the sniper box for the upper left sniper, aim up and to the left, keep moving to the upper right corner of the box, cancel aim, then run him to the top left side of the upper middle wall. This results in him running up and shooting the sniper, then a shotgunner appears up and to the left of the box.
2) Nix continues his walk up the right side of the sniper box and kills the shotgunner, then continues his move and almost reaches the wall. A machine gunner appears in the bottom right corner.
3) The machine gunner strolls in the general direction of the center of that side of the map. I keep Nix where he is, waiting for the snipers to keep rotating.
4) The machine gunner either makes his way all the way to the middle of the map, below Nix and the wall, or he stops about halfway there. After waiting 2.5 seconds, I move Nix to the right behind a half-height wall to the left of the upper left sniper box, using continue on sight. Then, I have him duck behind the half-height wall and engage on sight. The machine gunner will have taken a few shots at Nix but won't be able to kill him because he ducked. Nix doesn't quite get his shot off on the sniper.
5) Nix shoots the sniper. The machine gunner has disappeared during the "Outcome" from the previous turn. Another shotgunner may or may not appear to the upper left or upper right. If the upper right, Nix can immediately kill him on turn 6.
6) I move Nix towards the exit, or I stay still in the same spot. At some point in this turn, it says I lose, despite Nix being alive.

I've done some slight variations of this, but that is exactly what I have done over and over a few times just now to the exact same result. In other incarnations, I have managed to move Nix all the way to the exit, but it still declares that I lose at the end of turn 6. I'm guessing that maybe the invisible machine gunner "kills" Nix during his movement... or it is just tied in some way to the machine gunner disappearing. I have also noticed that around turn 3 or 4, I often cannot select the machine gunner to give him orders, and have gotten a runtime error two or three times when I try to click on him. So, it might just be this guy, or reinforcements in general on this map, that are tied to all the bugs.

I have not yet managed to get my guys on the left to the trigger. I have managed to kill off everyone, but in every case, I already have Nix able to walk out in a turn or two. I have tried leaving him behind the half-height wall next to the upper right sniper box instead of moving him to the exit, to allow my guys on the left to reach the trigger. But, I still get a loss during/after turn 6 no matter what. I might try just hiding Nix in the cubby to his left and see if I can get my guys to the trigger to see if I can pass the level that way. I dunno. Otherwise, I'm not sure where to stash Nix to be safe from the invisible machine gunner.

Edit: I just got this game a few weeks ago through Humble Bundle, and activated it on Steam. I have been playing it through Steam on a Windows Vista machine, if any of that makes any difference.
HoosTrax

Postby HoosTrax » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 am

Is this bug even being worked on? I ran into this today, and came in here only to find that this issue was first reported half a year ago and is still unresolved :? .
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 am

I figured out how to avoid the glitches in this map.

See here for details.
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
mactyr

Postby mactyr » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:45 pm

I hit this bug too and e-mailed FS support to inquire about it. They said that they thought the bug had been fixed but they would re-open it. I sent them some logs they requested from my glitchy session. In the meantime I was able to get past the level by following the previous poster's suggestion.
Steelviper

Postby Steelviper » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:29 am

I've encountered the same bug on the iPad. I'll try the "hold nix still" strategy now.
Steelviper

Postby Steelviper » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 pm

I beat it using a variant of the "Nix hold still" strategy.

It was more of the Nix move out until the middle, crouch and hold still. I timed the sniper rotations and stayed close to the center so I only triggered one reinforcement (northeast shotgun), but by that point I was already close enough to the final zone.

I completely ignored the left part of the battle.

Return to “Bugs”