Mid-campaign crash (repeatable from save)

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

VoxDei

Mid-campaign crash (repeatable from save)

Post by VoxDei » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm on the campaign level where you have to defend the second level of the Nin building. On the previous turn I let an enemy shotgunner get rather too close and lost all but two of my units (um... whoops). In the planning phase of turn 5, I move one of my remaining two units (a rocket launcher) slightly and fire at a wall, hit play to check it goes where I want - all fine. However, when I then click anything, the game crashes - Windows tells me it's stopped working, then it black screens. On swapping in and out with alt-tab once or twice it resumes but tells me that AI processing has switched to Local, then doesn't work properly. Have to kill it with task manager (no other method of killing it that I've tried seems to work).

I doubt this is related to the specific actions I took, but I don't know what it is related to. However, if someone will tell me which file is my save game I'll zip it up and mail it to you (I had a look around my installation directory but couldn't identify my save). I can restart the level and presumably it'll work, but I imagine I'll lose the save so I'll hold off doing that for a bit.

Running the Steam version of the game under Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit, full screen mode.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2.4GHz
4GB RAM
Video card: nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512
Free disk space: 2.75GB on the Windows drive (loads on the game drive)
VoxDei

Re: Mid-campaign crash (repeatable from save)

Post by VoxDei » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Actually I think this is an instance of the AI calculation crash (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1705). Restarted the level and it recurred immediately.