Different outcome on reload?

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

heatnserve

Different outcome on reload?

Postby heatnserve » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, but let me elaborate on something that seemed not right.

Scenario:
I'm up 3 units to 1 in an extermination match. Knowing that my two machine guns and one shotgun should be enough to flush out his rocket launcher and net a kill, I send them all in to close around my target. In the turn 6 outcome my shotgun chases down the target and fires a shot off right before the end of the turn. However, the turn ends milliseconds before killing the target (the kill shot appears to be "in flight"). At the start of turn 7 (planing phase), the target immediately dies from the shot before he can even move. Knowing that I have a kill shot ready to land, I "prime" my turn without taking much action.

Problem:
I reload the match today just for fun and that shot for the turn 6 outcome is never fired. Thus turn 7 is not a guaranteed win like I originally thought and thus the game will likely continue with my units not making additional moves (possibly costing me a unit). I am sure that I would not have committed to turn 7 with no meaningful action unless I was absolutely certain the game was going to end. So this begs the question, did I imagine that kill shot being fired as described in the above scenario, or did I experience a bug? I am absolutely certain that I was watching an outcome for turn 6 and not something in the planning phase, because I remember thinking "wow, that outcome went well, I lose no units and I just need to wait 0.1 seconds for my bullets to land in the next turn to get the win." What happened to those bullets?!

Notes:
- 108720 is the game ID for reference (TEXAS server).
- I am not going crazy, I know what I saw. I know to not take anything for granted in this game until the outcome plays out.

EDIT: okay good... looks like I'm not the only one with this problem and that I'm not crazy - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3113
I will try to upload what log files I can, but I can't guarantee the state of those file is set the way you want them. I logged in and out of the match and went to other matches when I first encountered the bug because it made me question my own sanity. Thus, there might be records of irrelevant games in the log files. If there is a way to reset the state of these files, let me know and I can re-up them.
Attachments
console logs.zip
(24.25 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
heatnserve

Re: Different outcome on reload?

Postby heatnserve » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Okay now this is really wierd. My opponent submitted his next turn and when I loaded the game to see the turn 7 outcome, the game re-synced and played out using the proper turn 6 outcome. I ended up with the guaranteed kill like I was supposed to have.

Just more info for you to help fix this bug. :D

Return to “Bugs”