Previous turn changing

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

Shawn

Previous turn changing

Postby Shawn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:33 am

Hi,

I recently had a game where I got an undeserved win because when turn 7 played out, my shotgunner died to my opponents mg, but then when we both submitted turn 8, my shotgunner was back alive and killed his remaining troop. Both my opponent and I saw my shotgunner die at the end of turn 7 originally, yet when we replay turn 7, it happens differently, and my shotgunner lives. Not sure what would cause this, first time I've noticed something like this. Game number is 326623.

Thanks,

Shawn
Zanapher

Re: Previous turn changing

Postby Zanapher » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:53 pm

I have a similar problem in game 327423 (that is currently in progress).
At the end of turn 3, one of my opponent's MG started shooting at one of mine from afar. During turn 4, I had my MG duck very slightly before the killing shot and another MG in position killed his at the end of turn 4.
I have played my 5th turn according to this, with his MG clearly dead and my two alive. However when I replay the turn I get different results (most of the time none of our MGs die, but sometimes one of mine does). In any case, his doesn't die anymore.

There seems to be a problem of line of sight with his guy because as I was trying to plan for turn 4 I noticed that from his guy one of mine was in LoS while from mine his wasn't. His guy is against a door opening and probably almost "inside" the wall...
Zanapher

Re: Previous turn changing

Postby Zanapher » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:57 pm

A similar problem happens when things don't go as shown by a simulation.
In game 328379, I had a lot of trouble with the focus/ignore orders as they weren't taken into account when I pressed play, but when I eventually sent my turn (without ever managing to interrupt a unit fire with ignore) the turn played out fine (with my unit ignoring the opponent, but the timing was off since I wasn't able to fine tune it with simulations).

Also my opponent told me that the final turn didn't happen correctly to him. In the last turn he shoots a rocket over a window (low cover). To him the play button had the rocket go over the window, but when the turn played it hit the border of the window and exploded.

These problems are very annoying because they make the game almost unplayable. The whole point of the game (which is great by the way) is to be able to set everything up very precisely thanks to accurate simulations. If the simulations don't correspond to the turn there's no real point in doing them (and the game becomes uninteresting). Of course I know that enemy moves can change many things (and they are not accurately simulated) but some things shouldn't be affected (like whether a rocket passes through a window or hits the border wall).

Return to “Bugs”