Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle version of the game is buggy.

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

Scorpion0x17

Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle version of the game is buggy.

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:03 pm

I'm not sure if this is really the right place for this, as I'm not going to list all the bugs I noticed (and I've noticed they're all mentioned elsewhere in the forums), but I mentioned this a post I just made, and thought I ought to make a new thread about it, so that it's more visible.

But, the version of the game that you get if you purchase it through the Humble Bundle, is buggy as hell.

I think I experienced just about every bug there is.

The rc7standard client fixes pretty much all of them (I now only experience the occasional crash during shapeform deliberation (and have yet to try it in XP compatability mode)), BUT, only if I you uninstall first! At first I installed over-the-top and, whilst that helped with most problems, it made some issues worse (like deliberation taking an age to complete).

Also, I'm not 100% sure now, but the first mission of the single player campaign has completely different unit loadout, in the Humble Bundle version, than in rc7standard, if I recall correctly.
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
spillblood

Re: Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle version of the game is bugg

Postby spillblood » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:33 am

Hmm, do Mode7 release updates over the Humble Bundle page? Because every other developer that took part in the bundle did this. Would be pretty bad if they don't do this.
Joschasa

Postby Joschasa » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:43 am

i use the humble-bundle frozen-synapse via the steam key, which is offered on the humble-page.
so i should get the updates via steam. (atm echo($version) in the console outputs 23 - was 21 when i installed it the first time iirc.
spillblood

Postby spillblood » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:43 am

I don't use Steam. Is there an other way of updating the game? I'd like to see offline patches, or new builds on the Humble FS Bundle page.
Is there another way to update the game for non-Steam customers like me?

By the way, how do I get this console version number output? Would be glad about some instructions.
Joschasa

Postby Joschasa » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 am

Frozen Synapse itself does not include any updating mechanism.
You should be able to download a new version via http://www.mode7games.com/support/getURL.php.
spillblood

Postby spillblood » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Ah, thanks. This link should be included on the main page of FS. I think I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Return to “Bugs”