[Bug] Undeletable invisible orders

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

vyu

[Bug] Undeletable invisible orders

Postby vyu » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:23 pm

In one of my games, I cannot see or delete orders given to a grenade launcher at its current location (backspace and = do nothing to the invisible orders). These orders don't show up in replays after the turn has passed, but the unit clearly executed them. Screenshot: (None of the orders that I have given to the GL can be seen.)

In another game, I have a similar bug with a machine gun, but I can delete the orders with backspace or =. Screenshot:
Besides being able to delete these invisible orders, another difference in the second game is that the reticle from the check order is visible. You can see this in the screenshot above. No other order can be seen, though.

I found one post from more than a year ago which seems to describe the same bug: viewtopic.php?t=2246 (The reply from Pfaeff is irrelevant - GL's and RL's fire orders cannot be canceled if they are initiated the turn before, which is not a bug.)
wonderhero

Re: [Bug] Undeletable invisible orders

Postby wonderhero » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:15 am

To not be able to see orders given to a unit, it happened to me sometimes, but this is not an important BUG. But are you not able to delete, in actual turn, the given orders in previews turn ? What orders your grenadier execute in actual turn and you can't delete them ?
vyu

Postby vyu » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:09 pm

wonderhero wrote:But are you not able to delete, in actual turn, the given orders in previews turn ? What orders your grenadier execute in actual turn and you can't delete them ?

That's correct - I cannot delete the invisible orders given to the GL (by backspace or =). The only way I can get rid of them is by reloading the game, and the only orders that I can see and delete are adding a new waypoint and waiting. All other orders cannot be seen or deleted, and are executed during the simulation.
Pellefant

Postby Pellefant » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 am

Add a waypoint. Your invisible orders appear. Hit backspace until all orders are gone. And yes the deletion may be invisible so the safest thing to do is adding a waypoint and checking if they are deleted.

Makes it somewhat easier as reloading will ruin your entire scheme and have to reset orders for all units.

Return to “Bugs”