Outcome Text Stuck on Screen (Steam)

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

Castruccio

Outcome Text Stuck on Screen (Steam)

Postby Castruccio » Fri May 25, 2012 3:38 am

The "Outcome" text stays on screen the entire time the outcome plays in Single or Muilti, obscuring the game screen itself. I have not played in a while, but I know this didn't happen before the Steam patch that went live yesterday. Also, now every time I finish a turn I have to press play in order to watch the outcome (it used to play automatically).
Scorpion0x17

Re: Outcome Text Stuck on Screen (Steam)

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 pm

I find I now have to just click the mouse button for the 'Outcome' text to disappear, and playback will then start automatically.

Do not have to click play, and have not seen the Outcome text not disappear.

Maybe it's not disappearing because you're clicking play?
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
Castruccio

Postby Castruccio » Fri May 25, 2012 4:59 pm

Scorpion0x17 wrote:I find I now have to just click the mouse button for the 'Outcome' text to disappear, and playback will then start automatically.

Do not have to click play, and have not seen the Outcome text not disappear.

Maybe it's not disappearing because you're clicking play?

I will give this a shot next time I play. I like it much better when the outcome played automatically, though.
jhawk

Postby jhawk » Sat May 26, 2012 9:36 am

The text should go away on any input, whether it's a click on the map, a UI button, the scroll-wheel, etc. The change is only so that if one went afk and the outcome loaded, they don't see the end of that outcome when they get back, spoiling the action. (I think)
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:42 pm

jhawk wrote:The change is only so that if one went afk and the outcome loaded, they don't see the end of that outcome when they get back, spoiling the action. (I think)

Yeah, initially thought "URGH! Why did they change that!?", then I went and made a cup of Tea whilst the game did it's between turn thing, and then I came to the same conclusion, thought "Aaah... Cool!", and realised I can live with having to click to see the outcome play out.
trolling [verb]:
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:06 pm

I have tested this and can confirm that if you click 'play' the Outcome text does indeed not disappear.

See also: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4450
trolling [verb]:
Forzen Schnapps

Postby Forzen Schnapps » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:45 pm

This was indeed very strange at first, but is rather ok guess :)

I seems like this behaviour has been slightly improoved? Clicking the "play" button starts the outcome playback with
the text still staying on top, but the text then changes as it should to "next turn" and "planning phase" after which it
then disappears. I remember having the text permanently on screen after that.

If one would click on a specific turn instead of just "somewhere on screen" or the "play" button, "outcome" still stays
on screen until the last outcome was played. Has it alsway been that doing so, the committed turns won't play in one
play until the current one? Is this only possible as "result" of the whole scenario?
telechara

Postby telechara » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:49 pm

This glitch is also apparent if you press Space which I believe is the keyboard shortcut for the Play button. OUTCOME still shows while it's playing underneath. :(

(This on Mac OS X Steam)

Return to “Bugs”