Demo Mode different from real ending

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

AktarusHD

Demo Mode different from real ending

Postby AktarusHD » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Hello Mode7,
I have got a big problem, to my opinion a bug in the game. In the game 791426 is something I do not understand. In my last turn my machine gunner dies before he can get in the room, killed by the machine gunner at the far end of the level. The problem is that in the demo mode my machine gunner reaches into the room so that he can kill the grenade launcher and the machine gunner who killed my first MG would be distracted so that my other MG can kill him.
As one can see the machine gunner at the far end of the level does not change position at all, so it should have turned out like in the demo mode. But it did not. That is really frustrating. You make up a plan, everything seems to work out, but because of that bug the ending is different to the demo mode, although nothing has changed.
Another example, same game. One Turn before my MG man dies after sneaking around the box. Although the situation did not change i survived the demo mode, but i died in the real ending.

Can you explain that to me ?

Greetings
Aktarus
ninj

Re: Demo Mode different from real ending

Postby ninj » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 am

Could it be that in your simulation, you didn't set the enemy MG across the room to actually -aim-? Because it's possible that the enemy had his MG actually aiming in that direction but in your simulation he was just facing that way. Whether a unit is aiming or not does affect the time it takes them to kill another unit.
AktarusHD

Postby AktarusHD » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:03 am

Both were actually set on aiming.
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Was it a dark game?

In dark games units don't always have the correct bonuses applied during simulation (one presumes this is so that information that you should not know about the opponents units does not 'leak').

So, for example, one bonus units get is for stillness - the longer a unit is still the greater the bonus - however this stillness bonus may not be applied to an opponents unit during simulation.

There may be similar issues in light games also, but I've never noticed any.
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
AktarusHD

Postby AktarusHD » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Yes, it was a dark game, but as you can see in the game, the MG was shooting at me at the end of the turn and he was visible for me. So there was actually no hidden information I think. And I set the enemy on aiming mode. I thought, that the "bug" could be, that in the game each turn in the demo will not take in consideration what happened at the ending of the last turn. So at the beginning of each turn the demo will calculate as if the shooting has just begun instead of taking in consideration that he was already shooting at me at the end of the last turn. If that would be true, the demo is useless.
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:31 am

AktarusHD wrote:Yes, it was a dark game, but as you can see in the game, the MG was shooting at me at the end of the turn and he was visible for me.

Doesn't matter.

It appears that the stillness bonus (for the actual unit) carries over from previous turns (but not for the demo units), so even if a unit is visible from the start of the turn, the game doesn't apply the stillness bonus, from the prior rounds, during the demo/simulation.

Whether it should work like that is debatable, however I think it is probably that way by design and so is not a bug, as such.
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.

Return to “Bugs”