Freezing After Entering a Match

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

agothar

Freezing After Entering a Match

Postby agothar » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Whenever I try to enter a match, the game freezes and gives me a weird graphical bug (shown below). I tried to verify the integrity of the game cache, and it said that one file was missing. After reacquiring it, the game freezes in the exact same way, and the file is missing again. Is there any way to fix this?
Edit: This appears to occur whenever I try to zoom in. It causes the bug to appear instantly.

Sorry I couldn't get a better image of it. My entire computer locks up once this bug happens.
Bin

Re: Freezing After Entering a Match

Postby Bin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:07 pm

Can you send this and you computer specs to support@mode7games.com
Jimmeh
Forum Wrangler

Postby Jimmeh » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Hi agothar,
When the game freezes does the whole system freeze as well? Do you have to restart the machine by using the power or reset buttons on the case?
Does this happen in any other games?
Regards,

James
agothar

Postby agothar » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:48 pm

Jimmeh wrote:When the game freezes does the whole system freeze as well? Do you have to restart the machine by using the power or reset buttons on the case?

Yeah.
I'm almost entirely sure that the bug is caused by the in-game backgrounds. After disabling them, the bug no longer appears. When either option is enabled, the bug shows up very quickly if I can see the animated background (regarding whichever one is enabled).
Jimmeh wrote:Does this happen in any other games?

Nope.
Jimmeh
Forum Wrangler

Postby Jimmeh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi,
Judging from your screenshot and description of the problem I believe this to be a problem with the graphics card itself. The background effect can be quite intensive for some cards and it looks like it's pushing yours just a bit too far.
I would suggest playing with the backgrounds disabled for now although the problem may get worse in future at which point you would probably have to replace your graphics card.
Regards,

James
agothar

Postby agothar » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Jimmeh wrote:Hi,
Judging from your screenshot and description of the problem I believe this to be a problem with the graphics card itself. The background effect can be quite intensive for some cards and it looks like it's pushing yours just a bit too far.
I would suggest playing with the backgrounds disabled for now although the problem may get worse in future at which point you would probably have to replace your graphics card.
Regards,

James

Oh ok, thanks for the help!

Return to “Bugs”