Multi-player levels

Moderator: Admins

Retro

Multi-player levels

Postby Retro » Sun May 22, 2011 8:03 pm

hi,

iv recently been getting my teeth into the level editor for this and have figured out the basics (red walls blue cover ect.) iv also had a long play about with the AI and path setting and reactions to create a more atmopheric game with my freinds but our fav game mode seems to be imposible to make (hostage) u can have hostages and all the rest but thers no way to place hostage zones ect. has anyone had anymore luck with it than i have if so could you share youre finding with the rest of us .

:D
mindcontrol

Re: Multi-player levels

Postby mindcontrol » Mon May 23, 2011 7:33 am

I'm trying to figure this out by generating maps and checking out their details, so all this information could be totally wrong.

You make a zone by holding T and dragging a box with the mouse. It is unfortunately not visible while being sized. When you let go of T, it will ask you for a trigger name.

Zone trigger names for hostage:
Hostage (hostage start box)
move1 (defender start area)
move2 (attacker/rescuer start area, multiples will be designated 'move2b', 'move2c', etc, or maybe location dependent, top border is always 'exita'/'move2a', right border 'exitb'/'move2b', bottom would be 'c' and left 'd')
exita, exitb, exitc, exitd (hostage exit, oriented as above)

Have you ever noticed, in a match, when rooms have light blue borders on the floor? These zones are named 'hotspot*room*X*Y' where X and Y are integers (I have seen X ranging 1-10, Y usually 0 but occasionally 1.) What the hell are they ? Do they have any gameplay properties?

One time only, among the many generated, I saw a hostage match with a zone named 'blockhole'. wtf is that?

In secure, bidding zones are 'bidzone_', border start areas follow the hostage pattern (e.g. 'move2c' for bottom start) and non-border start squares are 'move2_'

Dispute exit borders are 'disputeExit'

Charge zone strips are, starting at the left side, 'move1d', 'bidzone_0', 'bidzone_1', ... incrementing to 'bidzone_26', and ending with 'move2b' at the right border.

Hope this helps. I haven't had time to replicate and test a match with these yet. Any updates or corrections to this would probably be appreciated by everyone.
everything tastes better with mindcontrol
mindcontrol

Postby mindcontrol » Mon May 23, 2011 9:01 am

I just found mention of some of these details in Ace_Rimmer's old custom maps thread, here's the relevant portion:

Omroth
Re: Ace_Maps: Public Places And More
Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:39 am

For Hostage, you need zones prefixed with Hostage (ie Hostage1,Hostage2, etc) and Exit.
For Secure you need "Move2" (ie "Move2_A", "Move2_B") for the attacker spawn zones, along with "bidzone" for all the bidzones.
For Charge you just need "Move1" and "Move2" for the deploy zones, and "bidzone" for bidzones.

(You hold down "t" and move the mouse to create a zone).

Thanks for posting that link, icebrain!
mindcontrol

Postby mindcontrol » Mon May 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Hey Retro, I challenged you with a custom Hostage match, based on a Disputed map. Let's see if it works!

PS - Another mystery zone seen but once in Generate Hostage: 'V4'
Retro

Postby Retro » Mon May 23, 2011 2:58 pm

great work everyone iv finaly bn able to complete my hostage map sets with full AI function from Civs fleeing from a bank robery to a time bombs situation that actuly blows up after every 10 seconds putting the hostages in even greater danger as time goes on :D ill be uploading them soon after fully tried and tested with my freinds thanks again everyone.
icebrain

Postby icebrain » Mon May 23, 2011 4:01 pm

mindcontrol wrote:Thanks for posting that link, icebrain!

Is this irony ? because I didn't post a link to the thread you quoted. There was no Modding forum before to make map related threads easy to find.
I'll add it and anything else I can find.

After you read the Official Manual, check Frozen Synapse's Tactics & Strategy Guide, go further with the Advanced Mechanics for Multiplayer and beat all SP missions with the Campaign Walkthrough • Read the latest News

mindcontrol

Postby mindcontrol » Mon May 23, 2011 6:42 pm

I can't wait to see it, Retro. I didn't realize scenarios of such complexity would be possible in multiplayer.

Is this irony ? because I didn't post a link to the thread you quoted.

Icebrain, that was from the second link within a thread in the list of map making resources you posted, so, yes, thank you. I would not have found it myself. Furthermore, I am far too much of a simpleton to be dispensing the irony. :D
mizzu

Postby mizzu » Mon May 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Since this is kind of related, I'll ask here instead of opening a new topic: How do I test out a custom map against the AI? (simple extermination) Is this actually possible?
Retro

Postby Retro » Mon May 23, 2011 7:41 pm

u just need to go to skirmish and load it up no?
doug4knfpu

Postby doug4knfpu » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:40 pm

icebrain wrote:
mindcontrol wrote:Thanks for posting that link, icebrain!

Is this irony ? because I didn't post a link to the thread you quoted. There was no Modding forum before to make map related threads easy to find.
I'll add it and anything else I can find.

lol wow for real what are the chances of that. but what link is he talking about that then
katzi

Postby katzi » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:30 pm

MY FIRST POST!
Thanks guys for posting that tutorials ;-D
I just finished making first map: Base of Mad Genius (with button of autodestruction xD)
I'll upload whole thing after I do AI.

I still don't get few things.
-how do i get AI to maje decisions?
-do i need specific placement for hostages?
-can i make delayed explosions using triggers? (like place unit in [triggerEvent_1_<do I set time here?>_0] to make [event_1_explode_100] explode?)

If I get this one working I'll try to make MP roleplay campaign with possibly everything i can get out of this.

I love the idea of flashbang grenades and mines. How about remaking raven shield missions?
Anyone for a game? Ingame nick is M.Kusanagi

Return to “Modding”