Levels & Maps by icebrain

Moderator: Admins

icebrain

Levels & Maps by icebrain

Postby icebrain » Wed May 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Find the best maps on FS's portal site.

# Using usermade levels:

For multiplayer games, place the .enc files in Frozen Synapse/psychoff/data/userlevels/ (Windows) or Applicaton Support/FrozenSynapse/Psychoff/data/userlevels/ (Mac OS X) and load them from the Frozen Synapse client by logging in and creating a game with Advanced Setup and loading the desired level.

# Custom modes:

I call custom modes levels for the the various multiplayer modes that have the same win condition and scoring but a different gameplay.

• Free Spawn Extermination :
in the first turn, units can be placed anywhere in their spawn zones. This puts the accent on the tactics of unit placement and create very exciting outcomes. There can be various types of free spawns : full (both players can spawn on the whole game zone), half (each player can spawn in his side of the game zone), drop zones (both players can spawn in zones scattered on the level).
• Trapped Charge :
when player 1 crosses his first bid zone, it triggers explosions in player 2’s first bid zone, same for each bid zone and the opposite happens when player 2 crosses bid zones

# Available maps:

• The White House - Ground Floor
Subscribe to this thread to be notified of new releases !

# Terms of use:

Every aspect of the creation of those levels take a good amount of time and I want to hold credit for it. At the same time I want players to be able to customize the levels to play the games they want. So the terms of use of my levels are as follow:

• You may add, edit or remove units and zones (AKA triggers).
• You must not add, edit or remove high or low walls or light sources.
• You must not redistribute levels with or without modifications.

# Suggestions

If you have ideas for improving a level, write bellow. For new modes or new maps please contact me in private (forum or IRC PM).
Last edited by icebrain on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

After you read the Official Manual, check Frozen Synapse's Tactics & Strategy Guide, go further with the Advanced Mechanics for Multiplayer and beat all SP missions with the Campaign Walkthrough • Read the latest News

icebrain

The White House - Ground Floor

Postby icebrain » Wed May 25, 2011 11:35 pm

This is a faithful reproduction of the ground floor of the White House presidential residence in Washington, USA.
I used architect's maps of the building, photos and videos to recreate the walls and position the furnitures.
I scaled it so that units can go through most doorways, I hope that it’s not too far from reality.
I made this map to bring a realistic environment to FS games where you get a better grasp of your surrounding and the challenge they represent.
I’m unlikely to make maps of other floors of that building than ground level because they wouldn’t bring much more, plus this one is I think the most complex and also I prefer to spend time creating other styles of maps.

Available modes and example games:
(Some have bugs, mode7 had no time to look at them, so I’m adding them and maybe one of you will find a fix.)

• Extermination
• Full Free Spawn Extermination 4472
• Hostage 3032
• Disputed 1826
• Secure (bug: player 2 spawns incorrectly) 2609
• Charge (bug: incorrect winning bid) 2115
• Trapped Charge (same bug) 4231
+ empty levels with different light sources for Light and Dark modes.

Download all levels.

After you read the Official Manual, check Frozen Synapse's Tactics & Strategy Guide, go further with the Advanced Mechanics for Multiplayer and beat all SP missions with the Campaign Walkthrough • Read the latest News

Return to “Modding”