Testing Single Player Levels---SOLVED

Moderator: Admins

ChaoticEko

Testing Single Player Levels---SOLVED

Postby ChaoticEko » Sun May 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Ok, made a map, got units positioned, and just want to test it out, Single Player against an AI, so I save it, then type in the console "testadvancedimport()", then I get a response, which states "wtf, no mission object?".

How do I define A mission object? I would just like to do light Extermination for now, but don't see anything on the forums for how to do that.

Awesome game, thanks, and keep up the good work Mode7!
Last edited by ChaoticEko on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icebrain

Re: Testing Single Player Levels

Postby icebrain » Mon May 30, 2011 12:37 am

This hasn't been documented. I suggest you don't do the testadvancedimport(); command (unless you're making a campaign level) and just load your level from the campaign screen.

After you read the Official Manual, check Frozen Synapse's Tactics & Strategy Guide, go further with the Advanced Mechanics for Multiplayer and beat all SP missions with the Campaign Walkthrough • Read the latest News

ChaoticEko

Postby ChaoticEko » Mon May 30, 2011 1:00 am

Thank you very much for your response.

Unless I am just missing it, there is no option inside the campaign menus, as it just continues the campaign from where you had left off. There is also no option I can see to play it from the skirmish menus either. The only way i see to load custom levels is from the multiplayer screen. I would like to learn how to do it on single player.

Sorry if I just missed it and the options just been there. Also, thanks for the help given so far, I very much appreciate it.
icebrain

Postby icebrain » Mon May 30, 2011 1:12 am

You need to replace one of the campaign levels (psychoff/data/encounters/sp/) with your own.
I was told to use C17M1, others might work too or maybe not, I haven't tried. If you haven't unlocked that one you'll have to try with earlier ones.

P.S. omroth said he would add a button to select a level from the skirmish screen but he hasn't.
Last edited by icebrain on Mon May 30, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

After you read the Official Manual, check Frozen Synapse's Tactics & Strategy Guide, go further with the Advanced Mechanics for Multiplayer and beat all SP missions with the Campaign Walkthrough • Read the latest News

ChaoticEko

Postby ChaoticEko » Mon May 30, 2011 1:13 am

Ok, that makes sense, thanks!

Return to “Modding”