Generating a batch of random levels

Moderator: Admins

kaoD

Generating a batch of random levels

Postby kaoD » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Is there any way to generate a batch of random levels using the Frozen Synapse console? I can run several calls using for loops, but I don't know how to create the levels. I took a look at some functions and found out that Encounter objects have a saveEncounter method that can save the encounter to a file, but how can I easily create these objects? I found a very handy method, generateSkirmish() but it creates Ecnounters for AI single player games, and I need it to play online. Is there a counterpart for this for online games?

I know it's a strange question and probably will not be answered, but who knows :P
icebrain

Re: Generating a batch of random levels

Postby icebrain » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:42 pm

You can use those to play Extermination online, or you can generate as many MP levels as you want with the level generator in create a game > advanced setup.

After you read the Official Manual, check Frozen Synapse's Tactics & Strategy Guide, go further with the Advanced Mechanics for Multiplayer and beat all SP missions with the Campaign Walkthrough • Read the latest News

kaoD

Postby kaoD » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:13 pm

I want it for a tournament generator tool that sends the matches to the server automatically and tracks the results, so I would need all kind of game modes. Is there no other way?
icebrain

Postby icebrain » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:26 pm

With advanced setup you have all game modes, but there's no way from the GUI to send and track games.
I don't know about hidden console commands.
A tournament feature was supposedly going to be added 3 weeks after release.

After you read the Official Manual, check Frozen Synapse's Tactics & Strategy Guide, go further with the Advanced Mechanics for Multiplayer and beat all SP missions with the Campaign Walkthrough • Read the latest News

Return to “Modding”