Final beta update live on Steam

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

Omroth
Site Admin

Final beta update live on Steam

Post by Omroth » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:15 am

Non-steam versions will be up today.
noiq

Re: Final beta update live on Steam

Post by noiq » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:01 am

I bought the game in the Humble Store. Will this this version be updated (currently it's not) or is there another way to download the game (Linux and Windows)?
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:26 am

Hi noiq - that version should be updated - I'll look into it.

Ian
noiq

Post by noiq » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:45 pm

Thanks for updating it. I just played some rounds and it worked flawlessly and was really great fun.
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:11 pm

noiq

Post by noiq » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Sorry for opening this thread again but the Humble Store version isn't updated again and the link http://updates.mode7games.com/frozencor ... latest.run yields frozencortex-25-windows-installer.exe instead of some linux installer.

Luckily I was able to play with the older version (22) of the client without problems but I guess the update changed something useful so it would be nice to get it.

Thanks in advance.
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:42 am

Sorry Noiq - Humble is an unusual system where we have to email them about updates and wait for them to upload the new files. The newest version should be available by tomorrow.

Ian
noiq

Post by noiq » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:21 am

First of all thanks for updating both versions.

It's fine for me to download the update from mode7 as long as it works so I don't insist on downloading it from the Humble Store especially since there is still active development.

There are two (minor?) issues with the new version which seem like a step back compared to version 22. The less important one is that the game no longer accepts input from the clipboard (which version 22 did). This was nice for inserting the password but is easily fixed by letting the application remember it but since it worked in the previous version I want to mention it.

The more severe problem is a dependency on "liblibcurl.so" which probably should be "libcurl.so" and which is not distributed with Frozen Cortex. This library itself has a lot of dependencies. Since all is built for 32 bit systems this problem is fixed on an 64 bit system by installing (debian based, e.g. ubuntu) libcurl3:i386 which automatically adds libcurl and its dependencies in 32 bit. Afterwards I added a symbolic link inside the game directory "liblibcurl.so ->/path/to/32bit_version_of_libcurl.so".

Similarly adding the steam 32 bit library paths worked for me: "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/path/to/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu ./FrozenCortex"

Alternatively you might want solve the problem steam-like and just ship all the libraries you need with the application.

If you need some more information on that problem please let me know.
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:15 am

Thanks noiq - we're updating the linux version today for 64 bit so this is helpful.

Ian