Random teams are not balanced

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

Neofelis

Random teams are not balanced

Post by Neofelis » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:42 pm

I think I've noticed it before, but only now did I realize that the random team matches are not balanced. I don't mind attacker and defender having different stats, but the team stats not being mirrored between players for offense and defense is a problem. Two pictures, two thousands words:

Note especially the robots second- and third-nearest to the ball, Chris and Diardi. While they face each other both ways, the stats are always the same for each robot. This means Diardi will basically always win that particular encounter, since Chris doesn't have any block ability. I think this should be changed so that each place for a robot has the same stats - instead of the current system where each robot has the same stats whether attacking or defending - so that it won't create uneven confrontations.

The current system can in extreme cases cause situations where one player doesn't have any chance of defending and scoring at all, for example if the only defender who could intercept a straight-down throw has interception value in one team but not the other. (With the suggested mirrored system this would mean that neither player could defend, but it's better than the same for just one player.)
lolsoop

Re: Random teams are not balanced

Post by lolsoop » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:33 am

I spoted the same problem with non-mirror starter !

But there aren't another too ? Look at the stat !
Red Team: Grey Team:
Wavelenght = Diardi
Weldon = Guigna
Howard = Uncia
Chris = Jubatus
Tyrona ??? Nebulosa

There both things made the game unequal.

PS: Sry for my english
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 am

Hey guys - this is a bug and I'll be fixing this this week.

Ian
Neofelis

Post by Neofelis » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:05 pm

lolsoop wrote:Tyrona ??? Nebulosa
I noticed this as well, but after the first one is fixed, it doesn't matter whether both teams have the exact same bot stats or not.

But glad to hear it'll be fixed.