Replay Functionality

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

dadadave

Replay Functionality

Postby dadadave » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:31 pm

I'm absolutely loving the game, but some comments on replays:

While the "cinematic" camera angles and cuts are visually appealing, I miss the option to see a replay from the top-down perspective, where I can actually appreciate smart moves, positioning and passes. The visuals will grow old quickly, cool moves by human players won't.
I know you can click and get out of the cinematic mode, but for some reason, then checking replays of match history games only lets me see a (the last?) couple of turns, not the entire game, which really is a shame. Is that a bug, or is that how it is intended to work?
dadadave

Re: Replay Functionality

Postby dadadave » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:49 pm

UPDATE:
By clicking on the game menu and selecting the first play, you apparently unlock all turns as clickable in the bottom-center GUI. if you click on the left/rightmost turn, you get to see previous or subsequent plays. It's still a bit fiddly, but you can watch the whole game turn by turn.
Jythier

Postby Jythier » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:39 am

It's my biggest beef with the replay functionality. When I broadcasted the tournament for the first couple rounds (before the great block disappearance of 2014) it was really annoying to have to choose the next play, watch the intro video thing with the scoreboard, etc. I want a clean way to replay a game where I'm watching the GAME and not the ANIMATION.
dadadave

Postby dadadave » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:59 am

Yes, it's a bit cumbersome in it's current form, still has some headroom for optimisation.

Suggestions:
-make it easy to watch the whole game without having to select the various plays.
-distinguish between cinematic mode and the normal game perspective, so you don't have to suffer the load times and click away the cinematic stuff every time.
Jythier

Postby Jythier » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Yeah, we told them that six months ago.
danger

Postby danger » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:26 pm

As a new player I'd like to second this. I like being able to record a video, but its kind of pointless if you can't see what's going on. The cinematic mode does sometimes look epic though :P
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:47 pm

This is cumbersome and bad and I'm sorry it's not better yet - it's a massive pain in the ass to sort.

I'll try and get on this in the next patch.

Ian

Return to “General”