[Suggestion] Add Realtime Scoreboard During Video Playback

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

jztemple

[Suggestion] Add Realtime Scoreboard During Video Playback

Post by jztemple » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:20 am

I'm getting to really like the YouTube video generation system, although (in case someone was going to ask) I just generate the video locally and upload it "manually". I've even gotten used to that loud, thumpy music :roll:. However, would it be possible to display a realtime scoreboard in one of the corners or in the top center? The touchdowns are easy to see, but sometimes you can miss the two point squares that get collected. It would make watching the replays more enjoyable, at least to me.
Omroth
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Add Realtime Scoreboard During Video Playba

Post by Omroth » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi Jztemple.

This is a good idea and I'll be putting it in soon.

Ian
ZePostman

Post by ZePostman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:42 pm

In addiction, is it possible to make a YouTube video with a fix camera (with a view of all the field) instead of the cinematic ?
The cinematic often focus on the ball carrier while there are many blocks and actions more important all around.
By example, in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oDaNiDmTy8, after the turnover, the camera focus on the BC with nothing to show. We miss all the block and movement which lead to the touchdown
jztemple

Post by jztemple » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:19 pm

I'd like to see a topdown view as well. I recorded (via Bandicam) the overhead view of a full replay in this video, pausing for a second between turns (basically I waited a second then hit the spacebar). It would be nice if this overhead replay had a second or two delay between turns, so folks can appreciate the turn-based gameplay.
Noonzilla

Post by Noonzilla » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:07 pm

I think an important part of the game's future youtube upload popularity, will be the ability to upload full match replays with a stationary default camera that just shows the whole pitch in one view. This is the only way you can see the tactics, strategy and positioning that went into the plays.

Some people have done this already in the past (Jythier?) but it was a manual process, using external software. Getting it built into the game would be cool.
Jythier

Post by Jythier » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 am

I used Open Broadcaster Software and I had to press the play button, but since I was commentating it as well the pauses were very welcome.

Looks like I'd have to do the same thing now. The live scoreboard in a replay would be awesome for that - ie, have it only update to the score after the score happens in the game.

A cleaner 'all plays' view would be awesome, too, where I wouldn't have to load the next play at the end of the first play. It would just be there. It's a replay, after all.