Stationary bot stunned at start of turn 1

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

Pauan

Stationary bot stunned at start of turn 1

Postby Pauan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:26 am

Game #27086, phase #1, turn #1.

I am player Pauan (green). As you can see, I did not move my bot P1 at all, yet it got immediately stunned, with no way to avoid it. I tried moving P2 just a tiny bit, and the cursor indicated that this is a safe move, yet it too instantly got stunned. So I was immediately at a 3v5 disadvantage, unable to do anything about it.

On phase 2, when we switched places, my opponent did not get stunned, despite being in the same situation I had been in phase 1. Instead, I got stunned again! So for every single phase I was at a disadvantage, and there was nothing I could do to avoid it.

Despite this huge disadvantage, I still ended up winning. But somehow this doesn't seem very fair to me. (The map itself wasn't very fair, in my opinion, but that's a separate issue)

My opponent (TheDeathSheep) theorized that it is because my bots have really low Resilience. Is that true? Is it intended that if two bots spawn too close to each other (and neither one moves), that the one with lower resilience loses, with no way to avoid it? Or is this a bug?
Omroth
Site Admin

Re: Stationary bot stunned at start of turn 1

Postby Omroth » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:51 am

This is bad - I'll see if I can tweak the mapgen to sort this.

Ian

Return to “General”