Rule Clarification: Turnovers/Interceptions

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

dadadave

Rule Clarification: Turnovers/Interceptions

Postby dadadave » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:09 am

I have some questions because just based on in-game observations, I understand the backward running exception, but I'm unclear about the following:

1. What happens to the player that caught an enemy pass? Is there some sort of invulnerability period or passing privilege?

2. What about the player that tackled the opponent's ball carrier? Any special rules with regards to passing or being tackled?

3. Has this stuff changed with the last patches (which would explain inconsistent observations)

I've tried to get out of a pinch sometimes by deliberately throwing an interception or running into a defender while making sure I have a second player incredibly close. The idea was to immediately tackle the opposing player again. This has worked sometimes (for me or for the opposing player ;) ) but other times it hasn't, so I'm unsure as to why.
Neofelis

Re: Rule Clarification: Turnovers/Interceptions

Postby Neofelis » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:06 pm

1 & 2: They both get a short invulnerability.
3: Hasn't changed as far as I know.

Generally you can't tackle a bot who just got the ball from you, but if they have a negative Release stat (ie. they're a slow thrower), you might be able to tackle them before they are able to throw. There is a small difference between how long a short throw takes to execute versus a long throw, so you might want to check the situation for both. You also can't catch a throw too close to the thrower, so you might need to move out a bit.
dadadave

Re: Rule Clarification: Turnovers/Interceptions

Postby dadadave » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:54 pm

That's good to know, thank you for clarifying.

Return to “General”