Where next for Frozen Cortex

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

Omroth
Site Admin

Where next for Frozen Cortex

Postby Omroth » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Hey guys.

We've released a number of patches since launch 10 days ago and most of the major problems are under control - we're still dealing with some issues though.

I'm at GDC right now, but as soon as I get back I'm looking to do some work on a significant single-player "Manager"-style update. That's not an official announcement just yet, but our current plans are to knuckle down on that for a month or so and get a beta out to you guys some time in April or early May.

We'll continue to release patchs to address known issues.

Ian
BigBobr99

Re: Where next for Frozen Cortex

Postby BigBobr99 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Nice to hear about that unofficial "manager" update! Any update on the MP leagues and when we might see them?
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:39 pm

I think I'll get out a beta patch for that next week and get some of you guys looking at it.

Ian
Steffan

Postby Steffan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Sounds good all round. I'm happy to help on the MP leagues front.
1234asdf

Postby 1234asdf » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:13 am

Great game so far both single player & mp. Any chance of seeing season stats for single player leagues in the future e.g. tackles, ints, etc?
wedgetail

Postby wedgetail » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:51 am

1234asdf wrote:Great game so far both single player & mp. Any chance of seeing season stats for single player leagues in the future e.g. tackles, ints, etc?

Stats would be a great addition!
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:12 am

Yeah, I put that into my local copy yesterday!

Ian
1234asdf

Postby 1234asdf » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:40 am

Omroth wrote:Yeah, I put that into my local copy yesterday!

very cool. if you dont mind me asking, how was that process? lot of files/scripts to edit?
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Well... a lot of stuff really. Had to record individual counting stats as well as just team ones; then had to get a gui to show them all - also it required a new league player format which I'd already done for some of the other stuff that's coming in the next update.

Ian
vin

Postby vin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Big fan of frozen cortex.

My number one wish list would be an option for a time limit for online games.

Many people seem to have multiple things going at one time. This is fine, but some of us do not want to wait indefinitely for the next turn.

I would suggest a five minute time limit which is plenty of time to make your next move during an online game. After five minutes, the next move is processed.

I enjoyed the game and realize currently there are times when very few people are online. However, I find myself less inclined to play head to head online as games can stretch out for hours or days if another player doesn't move. So, I would like an auction before the game starts so both players will stay online and finished the game.

Thanks
DarkMellie

Postby DarkMellie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:22 pm

I created an account just to respond to the comment above me!

Speaking for myself, as a very busy person and Dad of 2, I just don't have the time for gaming that I used to. The 'Frozen..' games are brilliant for me in their play-by-post way. If your suggestion was taken on, there should be two queues, one for 5 minute rounds and one for unlimited. That way we're both looked after.

But honestly, not sure it will change, it's part of the charm of the game.

Is there any word (haven't really searched the forums sorry) on the iPad version? Loved discovering I could play against my PC friends from the comfort of my couch.

One last thing... loving Cortex, the addition of a clear objective (the endzone) has considerably tightened gameplay and ramped up the tension. Love it, love it, love it.
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Vin - it's something people ask for a lot, but also something I'm reticent to add - the casual nature of the game is very important to me.

DarkMellie - we plan an iPad version, but we're currently unsure of a release date.

Ian

Return to “General”