Opponent wont finish game

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

wedgetail

Opponent wont finish game

Postby wedgetail » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi all!

Firstly I'd like to introduce myself! I'm Wedge, and I've just started playing Frozen Cortex. I'm really loving it at this point!

Anyway I'll get to the point. I'm in an online game with a guy and I get up about 22-2 with 2 turns left. Then the guy goes offline. Is there anyway I can finish this game, or will it just sit there unfinished indefinitely until he decides he'd like to end it. I'm just frustrated that I was about to take my first online win and then the guy just vanished.

Of course I understand that people need to be able to leave games open (maybe for days!) and play several games at once, but is there a time limit?

I'd love some info on this, thanks people!
Wickedpedia

Re: Opponent wont finish game

Postby Wickedpedia » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi and welcome! Word on the street is if a player goes two weeks without putting in a turn (assuming they have put in at least one turn already in the game, in other words they have agreed to play) the game ends, giving them a loss and the person that had already put in their turn a win. I've yet to be able to see this myself (still got a couple days on some games that I'm watching) but some reliable folks on the Steam forums have verified this is how it is.

If a game is started and only one of the players puts in a turn (meaning the other player does not ever participate in the game) after two weeks it goes away. No word on if it just disappears entirely from your history or what, but neither player receives a win or a loss. This is so people aren't forced into playing every single game someone throws their way.
wedgetail

Postby wedgetail » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks for the in depth reply Wickedpedia! That's all great info :)
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Hey guys. Just going to make a sticky post about this.
wedgetail

Postby wedgetail » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:37 am

Great thank you!
Wave9

Postby Wave9 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi all,

I just played a game and it went forth and back but at the end I made a bad desicion which cost me.
I am some points behind and, beacuse I know my opponent I know, he won't go crazy in the last few turns.
So I would like to call it a good game and just surrender. Because I think there should be an option to accept a defeat without waiting for two weeks.

Greetings,
Wave9

Return to “General”