FC Manager--Thoughts and Oddities

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

peteczajk

FC Manager--Thoughts and Oddities

Postby peteczajk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Just two things for the moment, I'll try to upload what I can (which is minimal) but I'll have everything in better order the next time around.

1.) I noticed after my first game in Manager Easy that some of the box score info wasn't showing up, or wasn't accurate. The last play should have been something along the order of "Wazed runs in for the score (PLA 15, RED 9)". And for that game, at least, it seemed as though all of the Pass and Interception statistics were increased by 1. (Or they were doubled, can't tell, but I'll check on the next game)

2.) The weekly game sim screen is awesome. It's clean, detailed, and descriptive. It feels a lot like the GameCast module ESPN has on its website, but with actual activity on the "game grid". Just a suggestion, though--would it be possible to add a toolbar somewhere on the sim screen to pause/rewind/forward through plays? I think in some ways it might help for those of us who really want to digest what's happening.

Awesome so far!
Attachments
Box1.png
Box1.png (252.24 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Omroth
Site Admin

Re: FC Manager--Thoughts and Oddities

Postby Omroth » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:03 am

Hey peteczajk - thanks for the feedback - I'll look into that bug.

For 1.0 of Manager I don't think I'll have time to add that, but one of the planned features for 2.0 is to have the ability to pause the sim and do a couple of things, like choosing from a selection of plays to run or in-game wagering.

Ian
peteczajk

Postby peteczajk » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:35 pm

I was just about to ask how the game was going to handle the possibility of not having enough healthy players to field a full side.

Then I got hit with a rash of injuries and had to field two broken-down toaster ovens . . . errrr . . . "ReplacementKr"s. That's pretty brutal, but it's a good touch. I do like the fact that you've got to scrape the bottom of the barrel in instances like that.
peteczajk

Postby peteczajk » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:55 pm

After poking around a bit more . . .

The box score "missing play" happens to goals scored in overtime. It also happens (or at least is noticeable) on AI games run through Full Sim mode. I don't know if it's a box score issue or a play logging issue, because I honestly can't recall Jansky ever giving the details of an overtime score during a game--I thought he usually just reported the final score?

Return to “General”