manager feedback

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

sachashoes

manager feedback

Postby sachashoes » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:59 am

- what's the point in buying holo armour? Perhaps it should enhance your stats
----> I'd love to see a full body shot for each player in your team, on a screen that gives you the option to add different bits of holo armour to enhance their stats

- are injuries just random? Better if related to strength and blocks/tackles in game

- in-sim betting a good idea, but need the option to pause and fast forward sims

- can you set defensive formations as well?

- any option to extend players' contracts?

- option to buy players out of contracts for a fee
Omroth
Site Admin

Re: manager feedback

Postby Omroth » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks sachashoes. Quick response:

No, injuries are not random - they are based on strength, resiliance, and number of blocks and tackles in a game per player.

You can set defensive formation but only within the player screen at the moment.

Ian
peteczajk

Postby peteczajk » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:08 pm

So there's a bit of long-term risk attached to constantly sending your Wildcard right up the middle as a decoy between two defenders? :D

Here's a wild random injuries thought: what about a stat or value (call it "Durability" or something) that makes it more likely to get injured?

I guess my thinking is, that Green-class rookie isn't very strong OR resilient, but he's cheap, and he's new--he can probably take more of a beating and shrug potential injuries off. That Gold-class six year vet that you're salivating over in free agency? Yeah, he's a Most Valuable Bot when he's on the field--but he's got so many dings and dents that he CAN'T stay on the field at this point, because one or two blocks may just knock him out.

Anyway, just a thought, wondered what your opinions might be on it . . .
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:31 am

Yeah, I definitely like that - it's in fact on my version 2 wishlist.

Along with Calcutta Pools for the C.O.L.L.E.G.E tournament (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcutta_auction)... which I imagine people are less excited about.

Ian
sachashoes

Postby sachashoes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:54 am

Hi again. Thanks for the quick reply last time. Some more observations:

- I've completed one full season as manager on normal and come first. There didn't seem to be any playoff, but maybe I overlooked it.

- Now in my second season I have finally built up a decent stack of credits, but can't spend them on players due to my wage bill limits.

- Therefore I'd like to cut players, but the only way to do this is by signing someone, which I can't do because of the wage limit

- Whenever I did sign someone in the first season, the player I'd highlighted to be cut stayed in my team, which is now enormous

- the college draft seems pointless as almost all the players are only as good as my reserves - do they (or any other player) improve with time?

- bets on college games are never resolved and are eternally 'pending'

- I don't see the point in the tsunami of stats that accompany each game. What difference does it make how far Bot X has run, passed etc? All that matters are attributes like speed, block etc.

Return to “General”