Time Limits

For general discussion of Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

Nihm

Time Limits

Postby Nihm » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:53 pm

I recently introduced my friend to FE, and his foremost suggestion was a speed mode: 30 seconds to design and prime one's plan. I agreed, though I also think it would too frequently reward risky offensive plays on the part of players all to happy to lose ie. beginners luck :)

I haven't tried the other modes so I may be missing something like this. I definitely hope there's some sort of bidding mode as that was one of my favorite features from FS.
Jythier

Re: Time Limits

Postby Jythier » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:54 pm

If I wanted to plan and execute a plan in 30 seconds, I'd play Madden. I suppose that people like that sort of thing though - I believe turn time limits is a feature they're planning to implement.
Nihm

Postby Nihm » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:06 am

Jythier wrote:If I wanted to plan and execute a plan in 30 seconds, I'd play Madden.

I'm not sure what the comparison with Madden implies, but speed variants off classic turn based games like chess are generally highly regarded by top players. Anyways, glad to hear they're implementing such a feature.
wonderhero

Postby wonderhero » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:12 pm

I'd be happy to have opponents that are able to move in 48 hours :)
Jythier

Postby Jythier » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:58 pm

I was referring to football video games where there are play clocks. Time is always a factor in Madden because the play clock is running. Like FE will be with this mode.

The problem with this sort of thing, by the way, isn't that a timed mode is better or worse than a non-timed mode - it's that you're splitting the player base between people who want to play NOW and people who are willing to play over a long time, and Frozen Endzone doesn't have the following that say, CHESS does, and therefore splitting their player base even further by making lots of modes and including a timed-turn mode, will end up negatively impacting the game for picky players. In chess it doesn't matter because there's thousands of players willing to play most of time in any particular variant due to the massive popularity.

Anyway, hopefully most players will be willing to play both modes and everyone will be happy.
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:39 am

Nice to see nothing changes round here!

;) :P
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.

Return to “General”