Unable to update

Bug reports and technical support for Frozen Cortex.

Moderator: Admins

Blackice

Unable to update

Postby Blackice » Mon May 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, my searching turned up nothing, so here goes.

The auto updater of my non-Steam version gives me a "There has been an error. An error occurred during post download actions The application will exit now" immediately after the "downloading" window has appeared. Is there any way arround this? I've obtained the recent single player update by downloading the whole game from my Humble account again, but it'd be nice if I could get just the updates in the future.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Wave9

Re: Unable to update

Postby Wave9 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi, I ran into the same problem just a few minutes ago.
I could start the download and after it was finsihed this message appeared and didn't continue. But at the same time, as the window appeared, my anti-virus programm ("Avast!") popped up and told me, that a threat has been discovered (and lists me this path to the thread C:\FrozenCortex\update\installers\frozencortex-28-29.exe)
I recovered it and started frozencortex-28-29.exe and now the update works.

I hope this is usefull for somebody.

Edit: Ok, after updating to Version 28-29, the updater opened again and didn't even start to download another update. So now I am stuck at the same point as the opening post.
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Thu May 28, 2015 8:42 am

We'll look into this, sorry for the problems.

Ian
Jimmeh
Forum Wrangler

Postby Jimmeh » Thu May 28, 2015 10:02 am

We're very sorry that this has happened. The problem has now been resolved and you should be able to update the game again.
Wave9

Postby Wave9 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Well done, thank you!
Problem is solved for me. I could update without problems (beside my anti-virus programm issue, but I know how to handle this ;) )

I have another little suggestion about the update process.
I have no idea, if it is possible, but it would be great to be able to update more than one version at once. Because it is a little bit annoying when you are updating, looking forward to play, open the game and the next thing, which appears is another updater. And the whole process 4 times in a row.
Well this is not a big issue or anything, but if it is easy to improve, I would appreciate this :)
Blackice

Postby Blackice » Sun May 31, 2015 5:30 pm

Thanks for the help, finally managed to update!

Return to “Technical Support”