Simulation tackling bug

Moderator: Admins

shatteredomega

Simulation tackling bug

Postby shatteredomega » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Take a situation where I am simulating a pass, but I am being tackled before the pass goes through.

I then set my player to run instead, and I get tackled by the same opposing player.

I then remove my run and I now have enough time to pass to another player without being tackled (because the opposing player seems to run towards where I was previously running).

If I reset the turn it goes back to the original outcome (which is the correct one that is played out when committing)
julupu

Re: Simulation tackling bug

Postby julupu » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Can confirm this. Afaik this already was before the latest update.
M1N1M3

Re: Simulation tackling bug

Postby M1N1M3 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:10 pm

I've seen a similar thing but I always assumed this was caused by the chase AI.

If you've got the ball and there's an opposing player close to you, you can force them to chase you as you throw the ball.

It seems like the chasing player mostly tries to intercept the ball carrier at his next waypoint. So the ball carrier can set a distant waypoiont for after he throws the ball and, instead of running straight at you and getting the tackle, the defender will go into chase mode and move towards the ball carriers waypoint. It also causes a problem for close interceptors, for the same reason. Once a defender goes into chase mode, he is no longer stationary and therefore cannot intercept.

Return to “July 2014 Update Bug Reports”