Lgum

Moderator: Admins

Lgum

Lgum

Post by Lgum » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:40 am

More of a feature-request than a bug:

Players no longer have the possibility of a nickname, which was actually quite entertaining to have.
Lgum

Re: Lgum

Post by Lgum » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:00 pm

I had this starting situation in the Global Cortex league,

which I thought was pretty strange. If Edgar would've had more points in speed, he probably would have reached the ball earlier than the attacker (and if not, he could've blocked him successfully).

This way, the attacker got to the ball first:

But since my main man Edgar was already on his heels, he couldn't do anything and I got a turnover:

and easy 11 points.

I guess this formation is a bit brutal because if your closest attacker does not have a lot of points in speed, he's going to lose the race (either because he's blocked or because he gets tackled right after the pickup).

P.S.: Going around on the right side is not really an option either, because that appears to be even longer than on the left.
Lgum

Post by Lgum » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:08 pm

Started a new Global Cortex League. In the first match, after I pick up the ball, I can't do anything. Throwing is not possible (the arrow stays red) and running is not possible either, as the system tells me, that my runner cannot run backward at any given time, which he isnt (see the two screenshots):

No pass possible:

No run possible:

And this was the second time, where the starting positions allowed the defending player to get to the ball first. The AI didn't, for strange reasons, but it would've been an easy one. In the first screenshot you see a red guy close to the north-scoring zone. He was placed south of where my player picks up the ball (there's another red player who's at exactly that position where the other one was, one turn before). My player who did the pick-up was standing near the middle structures. There was no way that he could have picked up the ball first, if the AI would have decided to go for it.
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:55 am

Lgum you don't still have the saves for that final weird match do you?

Ian
M1N1M3

Post by M1N1M3 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:27 pm

Looks like your screenshot say's offense going north (under the score). The direction your trying to go in would be backwards in that case.
It looks like you we're supposed to start on defense but because of those blocks underneath the ball, your player actually started closer.
Lgum

Post by Lgum » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:27 pm

I attached the saves to this post. (Continue a global cortex league and it should bring you there).

As M1N1M3 said, it's actually the problem that the attacker has to go north. In that same context: Is there a way to know, who's actually attacking? From the starting positions (as seen in below screenshot), it doesn't appear to make sense that the offense has to go north.

Attachments
fc.zip
(136.84 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Well, your target goal zone is your colour.

But having said that, this is clearly just a bad mapgen. It doesn't look unplayable to me in MP, but it's not good at all.

Ian
Cheshyr

Post by Cheshyr » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:26 pm

He does bring up a good point about a better indication of who's on offense. Would be nice if there was a text marker on the scoreboard or something. Unless I'm just missing it somewhere.
Lgum

Post by Lgum » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:19 pm

Well, if it's explained that your target endzone is in your colour, it's not a problem. I'm just not sure that it is explained anywhere.

By the way: In the savegame I attached it is possible to let the red player run through the obstacle in the planning phase (see screenshot):

This can be achieved when you let the blue ball-carrier run into the endzone and designate the shown path for the red player. If you don't let the blue player run through there, this does not happen.