ShatteredOmega

Moderator: Admins

shatteredomega

ShatteredOmega

Post by shatteredomega » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:12 pm

These are my findings from a random league season:

-You are not allowed to run backwards after intercepting any more - is this deliberate?
-Apostrophes are missing from the calls from another coach dialogue
-Camera is really glitchy when doing repeat angle in replay of full match
-All the players on the AI team are called 'Barrington'
-Sometimes there are so many commentary boxes that the first 'page' of them disappears before you have time to read them
As mentioned in another thread, following a loss the season reset and text went black.
shatteredomega

Re: ShatteredOmega

Post by shatteredomega » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:00 am

I played a superhard story mode and was beaten - now whatever mode I play (e.g. I tried full league mode), it isn't saved as when I go back to the main menu it tries to continue my failed superhard mode rather than my new game.

At the end of week 0 when beaten the clock says "Week 0:-323157"

If you simulate a turn where a player gets to the endzone then click to return to the start of the turn, the endzone will be glowing.

Commentary lines that are too long for the box
"Lion's share"
"Human failure triumphed"
"Jerp Coffee"
shatteredomega

Re: ShatteredOmega

Post by shatteredomega » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:48 am

The terrain generator is creating boxed in locations at the top of the map:
FCBoxed.jpg
FCBoxed.jpg (190.22 KiB) Viewed 990 times
The camera view that you usually get when doing a full match replay covering the first turn of a play (a side on view) is so much better than the one you get when you see after the first commit - you see all the blocks and positional movements rather than the pointless and rather repetitive view of a robot picking up a ball.

Even if you look at this from a presentation rather than gameplay point of view - it is odd that despite the positional play and blocks ultimately being what determines the outcome most of the time that they are not treated by the TV station as interesting at all. There's robots punching each other left and right and yet the camera doesn't show them and the pundits aren't interested either. Forget the 82.5 yard pass - team A just knocked out 3 of team B's players!

Even "real" sports without robots kicking each other aren't zoomed right up to the player with the ball - most of the time you can see enough of the pitch to work out where they might pass it next and if the defence looks any good.

Just a few thoughts!