Cheshyr - Feedback Log

Moderator: Admins

Cheshyr

Re: Cheshyr - Feedback Log

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:51 pm

Now that I've won a few times, I'm accumulating 'Championship Teams'. Is there a way to manage these from within the game (delete, obsolete, archive, etc). The menus are getting rather long.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Random mutterings...

New players are added to the market at the end of the list. But, most of the time, I know I don't want anything already on the market, so I end up clicking to the end each time. It'd be nice if there was a 'jump to end' button, or better yet, add the new players to the front of the list.

There are a lot of trash bots. I mean, yeah, some of the greens and purples have some niche purposes, but for the most part the greens and blues are there for comic relief via description. I dunno... feels like you shouldn't be able to buy something worse than your first season started players, and I don't even consider anything that isn't a purple. It's not like this is a game where we can sell our junk drops for cash.

Speaking of cash and continuity in general... when you lose a season, all your money and purchased players are reset, but the plot continues to progress. Creates a disconnect for me. Losing the players can be narrated around... yada yada something in the contract specifies season win to seal the deal whatever. And the cash disappearing could be league rules to keep an even playing field. But this gives the feeling that the season never happened. The only hints to the contrary is the advancement of the plot.

I'd like to see some cash carryover from the previous season when you get knocked out. Maybe 5%? 10%? Increase the cost of the players on the market by the same percent, sure... but make me feel like I'm part of a continuous league, instead of bouncing in and out of a timeline of 2-3 seasons. If you win the season, no cash carryover; you already get the option to keep your players.

Just thoughts.
Neofelis

Postby Neofelis » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:21 am

Cheshyr wrote:Proofreading notes:

I have a couple of these as well. The bot name here is Stronghold but the text talks about a Harsh: http://i.imgur.com/wfzXsfc.jpg

This is from a bit older build, so not sure if it's still there, but after I scored and got the lead, the game thought I didn't have much chance anymore instead of the AI team.
"There's not much chance of Neofelis getting back into this now, Bob." http://i.imgur.com/6Pt3892.jpg

As much as I love the graphics, the text area could do with a semitransparent shadowbox so we can read the credits text easier.
http://www.diffpair.com/Cortex/2015_Feb_13_13.png

You just want to see your own name better! (Me too.)
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Timed Turns games... is the AI supposed to get more than 30 seconds? Cuz I prime at 25-30, but the AI keeps working well past 30.

@Neo
Glad to see others are seeing the same typoes. I sometimes worry I'm being too nit-picky. And yeah, I appreciate a place in the credits, despite everyone else doing most of the heavy lifting. If I recall, you're an absolute beast at this game, and stuck with it when I got frustrated. But either way, white on white makes for difficult reading. :-)
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Yeah, we allow the AI to finish his thinking time I'm afraid.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Not specific to single player... when I go to options, activate a product, and try to enter a key from my purchased version, it hangs at 'Contacting Server, please wait'. I didn't know if the server was overbooked from the RPS review, or if there was a conflict between my beta key and my retail key, or... dunno.
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:03 pm

Thanks Cheshyr.

That's not for activating your new retail key - I think you'd activate that on Steam... maybe.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:04 pm

huh. ok. I'll go poke steam support, since it says the game is already installed. :-p thanks.
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Yeah I'm not sure how that'll work...

You're ridiculous by the way - we would happily have enabled all DLC for you server side. But the financial support is massively appreciated.

Ian
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:16 pm

I certainly don't mind paying for your games... I always know I'll get something good. Also, if I leave a positive review somewhere, it's one thing to have been in the closed beta, and quite another to have received free content. This keeps everything cleaner, and everyone happy. The Ultimate Edition Preorder came with all the music and other bonuses, so it was definitely worth it. :-)
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:39 pm

I changed my customization options between matches during Knockout Easy Single Player. I appear to now have 2 shoulder-pad holograms at once.

Also, damn that looks good.

http://youtu.be/XUN3K30r4mo

attached saves in a zip
Attachments
saves.zip
(196.4 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:19 pm

statues seem to load on the wrong side of the map.

Return to “Single Player Bug Reports”