Cheshyr - Feedback Log

Moderator: Admins

Omroth
Site Admin

Re: Cheshyr - Feedback Log

Postby Omroth » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Excellent stuff, thanks Cheshyr - will attempt to fix all of this.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:30 pm

np.

I went to options and selected 'Reset Single Player Progress'. It looks like it worked, but the sections references championship team advanced options are still visible, just without buttons.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Tab doesn't seem to work to move between fields in the Team Customization screen.
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:19 am

"Gah, crash to desktop when previewing a turn.
To be fair, I'm running out of disk space on my C drive (down to 1GB), so that might be the issue."

I can't get this to replicate - was this a persistant crash?

In general, when you have a crash I need to know whether it happens again when you re-load or not.

Cheers Cheshyr,

Ian
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Apologies. It was not a persistent crash. It didn't happen again on reload. The primary result appeared to be corruption of the league data, as reported here: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=10450&start=30#p27387

I was on week 4 or 5, but it started talking about week 1 again, and I received no cash for winning the game.

I honestly think it was likely related to my C: space running low, so I wouldn't chase it too hard, if there is nothing obvious in those two save zips.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:55 am

A few hours of gameplay tonight, switching between Easy Knockout and Standard GCL. No issues with saves, regardless of when I exit to Main Menu, or if I exit the game completely.

Easy Knockout is definitely kinder thanks to the upgrades. Standard GCL seems to be treating me fairly well too; did you turn down that difficulty as well?

I like the reduced max bet in gambling (500 down to 200). I still made bank betting on my self on a game where I was considered a sever underdog (200 turned into 3500). If we'd had an open field, I would have been screwed, but the field came out heavily in favor of human players. Easy to defend and return for a score, easy to exploit chokes to create lanes.

I remember I used to get offers for stupidly expensive and awesome players previously. Now that I have the cash, and am winning mostly, I'm only seeing greens, blues, and purples. Not a single gold, even when I win by lockout with 30+ points. Is it because of my 2 losses, or is it just bad RNG?

The gambling lines are confusing to me on occasion. It appears there's a +X option for me, but then it says -X for them... which is counter intuitive, if they are the ones that win. How to win with a losing score? Or is it always from my perspective, and not from the view of the winning team?

Overall, looks like a solid release candidate. I'll let you know if I stumble on anything while playing. I'm actually enjoying it again, but that might just be because I'm mostly winning, or having close games.
Last edited by Cheshyr on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:28 pm

GCL, robot selection screen. Last sentance of flavor text in a players description changes if you click away from then, then come back to them.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:33 pm

On the single player tab, the Continue Current Game button... would be nice if ti told me which league it was going to continue if I click that, as opposed to selecting it manually from below.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:00 pm

I'm playing League Default, and after a close range interception, it's not showing my run back to the end. I make it, but there's no fancy chase cam; just insta-jump to the final state. No endzone dance either.

Attached the saves folder. Should be the League Default modified Feb 6.

http://diffpair.com/Cortex/saves3.zip
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:08 pm

I would like to request some commas.

http://diffpair.com/Cortex/2015_Feb_7_01.png
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:12 pm

When you're in the mode select screen for starting a game in Single Player, there are two buttons "Continue" and "Play". The Play button deletes your current save and starts you over. I'd prefer it to stay "New Game", just to avoid confusion.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:39 pm

It appears you can bet the same line multiple times. Is that intended?
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:18 pm

I finally won my first league, playing standard GCL. Ended the season with $14k, 5 purple players, and a record of 14-2, with 3 or 4 of my final games being blowouts to the tune of 30+ to 0.

I received the Benchwarmers achievement, which confuses me. I definitely purchased players this season. I've received a few other achievements during the season (Right of PASSage, Big Player, High Roller, Bricks Bricks Bricks, This Game Has Blocks Too).

Being able to bet on the same line multiple times is an exploit that should probably be addressed. You could easily rake in the cash by betting on yourself. I only used the exploit once, to test it, but cash didn't matter to me since I never saw a player costing more than $700 on the market.
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:14 am

Extra space at the front of this dialogue.

http://www.diffpair.com/Cortex/2015_Feb_7_02.png
Cheshyr

Postby Cheshyr » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:38 am

Return to “Single Player Bug Reports”